Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Feeling like Wilma Flinstone who accidently wondered onto the Jetsons...

It is just one of those "technology hates me" kind of days ... well, few months really. I have been meaning to update this blog a lot more regularly than I have, but a couple of months ago when I transitioned back from wordpress to blogspot I lost ALL of my content. It was very frustrating. Granted, it was my own fault. I didn't save my posts properly before I shut things down on wordpress.  It kind of felt like losing that paper you pulled an all nighter to finish in college and it left me completely unmotivated to rebuild it all. So, for the past couple of months I've logged in meaning to write something new, but in the end I just tinker with the layout a little  bit and move on to something else.

Today my frustration has been with my Snuggly Monkey Facebook page and with trying to get "snugglymonkey.com" to re-direct to "www.snugglymonkey.com" - I am about ready to give up on both! I have read about 20 different posts on how to redirect the root to the www, but they may as well have been written in ancient Greek for all the sense it made to me. I tried to muddle through, but I got a whole bunch of nothing accomplished in the last hour and a half of tinkering with this. My facebook page won't let me "like" anything - but at least that is courteous enough to give me a nice little message say "oops! something went wrong. We are working to fix it." Yeah, thanks for that ...

Urgh. {grumble, grumble, grumble} BUT anyway, enough whining. I mostly just wanted to say that I am around and busy - my sewing & cutting tables are stacked high with numerous sewing projects, our garlic bulbs have sprouted and thoughts of our summer garden fill my day dream moments, and I did manage to join the EtsyKids Team this week, which seems like it is a really great gathering of folks that I look forward to getting more involved with. So, I am slowly shaking off the demotivated blogging funk from the content loss and I will be back (for real this time) soon with a slightly more productive post (hopefully).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...