Sunday, September 18, 2011

Custom Bilingual Blanket and Block

The summer heat finally broke this past weekend, and we've been enjoying a lovely chilly and rainy fall weekend here in Central NC. The perfect weather for working on a project, in my opinion! So, this weekend I worked on finishing up a custom order I received for a Bilingual (English/Spanish) Baby Blanket and matching Fabric Block. I love custom orders because it gives me a chance to do something a little different and to work with a customer to create something really special.


I am quite happy with how it turned out, and it was so nice to snuggle up in a big chair to bind the blanket and cuddle with the super soft backing fabric :)


I combined some of my favorite fabrics in this blanket. Since two of them are now out of print, I will be very sad when my stash runs out and I can't use them anymore. I love all the bright colors too!

I have been meaning to make another "batch" of cloth blocks all summer, but just didn't have the time. This order finally motivated me to get going on that project. So, that is what I will be working on for the next couple of weeks. I actually really enjoy making the blocks because each one comes out unique, plus the fabrics I use for the tops & bottom are fun to sew with!


Time to package these up and send them on their way to their new home in Chicago! 

1 comment:

Ladybird Ln said...

Just darling, and looks so snuggly! What a great idea for a blanket, and I love the fabric block as well. Thanks for showing it off!

Carlee
www.ladybirdln.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...