Friday, October 28, 2011

{Featured Artist} Kristin from Love In Bloom Boutique

Welcome to Featured Fridays on Snuggly Monkey! Each Friday we chat with a different Etsy artist and take a peek inside their Etsy world. This week we are talking with Kristin from Love in Bloom Boutique
Kristin designs and creates a wide variety of gorgeous bows, headbands, fascinators and hair clips. Her shop is filled with rich colors and beautiful designs that are sure to add beauty to any wardrobe! Let's jump right and and learn more about Kristin and her designs. 


How did you come up with your shop name?  
My shop name is the result of a year’s worth of feeling like God was trying to get me to take my faith to the next level.  I saw a great outpouring of His love in a variety of ways and I started to ‘Bloom’.

How would you describe your work to someone who asked you “What do you sell/make/do?”  

I make accessories for girls and girls at heart.


How did you first become interested in designing hair bows and accessories? 
I wanted to do something to help my daughter feel pretty in her school uniforms.  I didn’t want to pay Etsy prices… Now that I make them, I understand completely why prices may seem high to some people.  Handmade goods are time consuming to make and it isn’t fair to ask a crafter to work for a pittance that won’t pay her for her labor. 

I started learning by watching a ton of videos on YouTube and experimenting with my own techniques.  I feel that I have come up with methods that now exceed what I have learned and I use them to make really well constructed accessories that are meant to last.

What is your favorite item to create?   
This changes often, but my favorite item right now is my ShowStopper Bow (the one I’m giving away) because of it’s simple yet high impact design.


What do you like about being a part of the Etsy community?  
The best part of being an Etsian is that I have connected with many different artists and artisans who are very kind.  I enjoy their camaraderie.  I also really love being able to see so many beautiful items in one place and there is a sense of spurring each other on to keep on creating new and wonderful things.


What aspects of your Etsy business do you find challenging? 
Getting noticed and winning sales has been a big challenge for me.  I think I did it to myself though, by not relisting as often as I should and not adding items that often.  I am trying to catch up and am also working on my SEO at the same time.  Hopefully, this will be a big help.


Are there any Etsy Apps that you  use and would recommend?
CraftCult {!}, and Craftopolis… but I need to spend some time looking around in the apps section because it’s been a while and I know there are new things to check out.

Do you know of any cool Etsy tips you’d like to share? 

One time I included the featured seller in a treasury… The views went through the roof… doesn’t always work though.

Are there any non-Etsy sites you use regularly to help in your Etsy work? 
I just started playing around with Sneaky Momma Blog Design.  I am such a novice blogger and she has great design tips that are written for the non-coder {like me!}  


Are you a member of any teams? 
I am a member of quite a few teams, but the one I have been most involved with is EtsyKids.  They really seem to have things together over there and I have learned SO much from my fellow teammates.  Teams are a great place to get to know people, learn from each other and market together.


As a fan of Inside the Actor's Studio with James Lipton, I've always enjoyed his final 10 questions that he asks all his guests. So, inspired by the questionaries of Mr. Lipton, Bernard Pivo (Lipton's inspiration) and Marcel Proust here are a few final questions for Kristin.

What is your favorite word?  Love
What is your least favorite word? Pick an expletive… I hate them all.
What sound or noise do you love? My children laughing
What sound or noise do you hate? Fingernails on a chalkboard
If you were reincarnated as some other plant or animal, what would it be? A Dolphin
Who are your favorite fictional heroes/heroines? Anne of Green Gables, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Heidi, Charlotte and Charly (of the Chocolate Factory)  I love children’s lit and still re-read my favorite classics on occasion.  My copy of Farmer Boy (Little House series) is so well loved that it finally split into about 5 parts this year.
Who are your favorite heroines/heros in real life? Jesus, Moses, Esther, and Job
What natural gift would you most like to possess? The ability to feel at ease in awkward social situations.
What would you like to be when you grow up? An artist
What makes you smile? When someone enjoys {a meal, craft, or whatever} that I have made

Thank you so much Kristin for sharing with us! Please be sure to keep in touch with Kristin and Love in Bloom Boutique!


Kristin has generously offered to sponsor a giveaway for Snuggly Monkey Readers! Be sure to check back tomorrow for details on how to enter to win one of her gorgeous Show Stopper Bows!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your bows they are beautiful :)
Teresa L Shively
ladygweniver@yahoo.com

Kristin said...

Thanks Teresa! It's always great to have people who enjoy my work.

jenzen69 said...

I loved your open and honest answers, its nice to get to know you and i will look for you on etsy.
jenzen69atyahoodotcom

Henria O. said...

You really do have some beautiful, quality bows!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...